We all know picking the right pair of killer sunglasses for you is not easy. But imagine such a scenario: when you want to wear sunglasses to block the dazzling sunlight in the hot summer, you find that there is a lot of dirt on the lenses, and your good mood is completely destroyed.
When wearing sunglasses in daily life, it is inevitable that they will come into contact with sweat or natural oils of the skin, and even dust and dirt will accumulate on the lenses. At this time, if you use clothes or paper towels to wipe, they will not only become more and more dirty, but may even scratch the lens. Here, we've compiled a list of 3 methods to teach you how to correctly clean your sunglasses.
1. Wash with water
- The first thing you need to do is to wash your hands to make sure there is no dirt or oil residue on your hands.
- Next is the second step, rinse the dust and sand on the lens surface or other things that may scratch the lens with flowing water, be careful not to use hot water, because it will damage the coating on the lens.
- After rinsing off with water, you can apply eyeglass cleaner, detergent or liquid soap on the surface of the lens, which can effectively remove dirt other than floating dust, such as sweat stains, fingerprints and kitchen hot oil stains, etc. However, avoid using cleaners containing ammonia or other fortified substances.
- Then gently rub the surface of the lens and the frame with the pulp of your fingers, especially the place that is in contact with the skin, so that the cleaner can remove the oil more thoroughly and completely, and then rinse the lens under running water again.
- Finally, use a microfiber cloth or glasses cloth to thoroughly dry the water droplets on the glasses. It is best to use a circular and back-and-forth method to reduce lines and smudges. But please don't use paper towels, dish towels or regular towels as you may get blurry lenses again.
2. Specialist lens cleaner or lens wipes
In addition, special glasses wipes are also a good choice. Individually packaged in a single piece, it can be carried around without washing. It can clean quickly and effectively remove the dirt or bacteria left on the glasses and frames. But not being able to be used repeatedly is a shortcoming of it.